Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Civilization

Hello world.

I got back Sunday evening from my adventures in the middle-of-nowhere from whence I last blogged (via cell phone).

I shot just over 300 frames while I was out and about, about 100 of which are decent. Here is the "cabin" we stayed at for the weekend.
It is not so much a cabin as a gorgeous mansion. 6 Bed, 3 bath. Absolutely amazing place.
I took the opportunity to work a little on my interior photography. This house was so spacious, it offered me the ability to do that even though my widest lens is only 18mm (which on DX is not very wide at all).

Here are a couple picks:




I am hoping to get some work this summer doing interior photography of remodeled homes. I may use that to justify the Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 lens that I've wanted for oh-so long.
There's always one more lens, or one more hard drive, or one more monitor. I love new toys.

That's all for now!
To come: sunrise landscape/portrait shoot... probably Saturday at the earliest.