Monday, September 6, 2010

Comfort: Shoes

In yesterday's post I linked to the most comfortable shoes in the world.

Here's why.

In order for someone to be successful at something, there are a few requisites. First and foremost is the necessary knowledge - you have to know what you're doing.

Second, in my mind, is comfort. If you're hungry or tired or you've got a big wedgie, you won't be able to perform as well. If you spend all day on your feet, your feet get tired, and your mind gets tired. You get cranky.

Solution: Vibram FiveFingers shoes.

photo: www.vibramfivefingers.com


I'm not going to enumerate all the benefits and stuff for you - but I do suggest you check out their website and read for yourself. I've never been comfortable in regular tennis shoes for more than 5 hours at a time. With the FiveFingers shoes (I have the KSO model) I can stand all day and not care one bit.

I will warn you that the break-in period on these shoes can be unpleasant. Not because you have to break in the shoes - but because you have to break in muscles that you never use. These babies work your calves and feet like crazy for the first week or two. After that, you're good to go.

They're also pleasant conversation starters.

I've had mine for about two months and I wear them just about every day. I've hiked the Flatirons in Colorado in them. I've walked 8 miles on asphalt in them. I've ridden my bike in them. They are truly the most comfortable shoes in the world.

Disclaimer: I am NOT paid by Vibram FiveFingers or any of their associates - I'm just a HUGE fan!