Monday, April 26, 2010

Smoking gun...

Shot these the other day with the M4 and my buddy Case.

The original plan had us using his smoke machine, but he was out of fog juice and nobody in Flagstaff carries it during non-halloween season. So we fired up the hookah and I served as the fog machine whilst sucking back far too much Strawberry Margarita shisha.



Light was super simple - one bare SB600 on a stand and the light on the gun just for show.
Next time I'll use the real fog machine... it didn't take long for me to start shaking due to nicotine intake and/or lack of oxygen. Some people have to learn things the hard way, I guess.

I used this shoot as a comparison between Aperture 3 and Photoshop CS4 in terms of in-depth editing capabilities. In short - Photoshop still takes the gold by a long shot. I'll elaborate a bit more on that in an upcoming post detailing Aperture 3 and what I think about it, hopefully later this week.

I say hopefully because it is "reading week" here on NAU campus, which means we are all drinking studying like crazy to prepare for finals in the first week of May. I have a few finals I expect to be rather difficult and as such we may experience some Blog Lite around here in the coming weeks. Bare with me and hopefully I can get some good content up the weekend following finals.

Have a fantastic Monday!